Uttarakhand cabinet ratifies renaming Jolly Grant airport after Vajpayee
- The Uttarakhand government has approved a proposal to rename capital Dehradun’s Jolly Grant Airport after late Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
Uttar Pradesh: Adityanath clears plans for 221-metre tall Ram statue in Ayodhya
- The Uttar Pradesh government has cleared the plans to build a 221-metre-tall bronze statue of Lord Ram in Ayodhya, which will be the world’s tallest statue.
- The Lord Ram statue would consist of a 151-metre statue, a 20-metre umbrella overhead, and a 50-metre pedestal; the total being 221 metre.
- A museum would also be housed at the pedestal
7th International Tourism Mart 2018 being organised in Agartala
- The 7th edition of the ‘International Tourism Mart’ is being held in Agartala (Tripura).
- It is organised by Union Ministry of Tourism in association with Department of Tourism, Government of Tripura and North Eastern States.
- Theme of 7th International Tourism Mart 2018 : “Adventure Tourism”.
Andhra Pradesh Government launches Bhuseva and Bhudaar web portal
- The Andhra Pradesh government today launched a web portal which makes land records available to people with unique identification numbers just like Aadhar number.
- The “Bhudaar’’ is an 11-digit unique identification code assigned to each agriculture land holding and rural and urban properties in the state.
MoRTH issued notification for inclusion of Quadricycles as Non Transport Vehicles
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways(MoRTH) notified the insertion of the item ‘Quadricycle’ as a ‘non transport’ vehicle under the Motor Vehicles Act 1988.
- Earlier, these were only allowed for transport usage under the Act.
J-K Governor inaugurated annual week-long ‘Jhiri Mela’ festival in Jammu
- Jammu and KashmirGovernor Satya Pal Malik inaugurated a week long annual ‘Jhiri Mela’ festival at village Jhiri in Jammu
- The governor announced the construction of a ‘Sarai’ (inn) at village Jhirifor the devotees.
- The annual fair is celebrated as a commemoration to the memory of a martyred farmer named, ‘Baba Jittoo’.
- A cultural programme comprising folk songs and a Dogri dancewas presented by the Jammu and Kashmir.
3-day annual Jangalmahal Festival began in West Bengal
- On November 23, 2018, a three-day-long annual ‘Jangalmahal’festival began in the adjoining forested areas of West Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia districts of West Bengal.
- Initiated and organized by the ‘Jangal Mahal Udyog’, the festival aims to revive and popularise the culture and heritage of Jangal Mahal.
Open Transit Data portal for spotting location of cluster buses launched by Delhi government
- On November 23, 2018, Delhi Government launched a dedicated Open Transit Data portalin the website otd.delhi.gov.in – to spot locations of cluster buses at intervals of 10 seconds.
- This portal was designed and developed by IIIT-Delhi.Thus, Delhi became the first city in the countryto open up transit data of city buses.
- This portal would provide information of 1,700 buses including:static and real time data, geo-coordinates of bus stops, route maps, timetables, and real time GPS feeds of bus locations every 10 seconds.
2-day 21st round of India-China Special Representatives border talks held in Dujiangyan, China
- 2-day 21st round of India-China Special Representatives border talksconcluded at Dujiangyan near southwest China’s Chengdu city.
- This was held between:
- National Security Advisor Ajit Doval from the Indian side and
- Chinese Foreign Minister and State Councillor Wang Yi from the Chinese side.
The United Kingdom’s withdrawal agreement from the European Union (EU) has been approved by the bloc’s 27 heads of state.
- The deal now needs to be approved by the UK Parliament, which is expected to vote in early December.
- Britain is scheduled to leave the EU in March 2019.
- President of the European Council : Donald Tusk
India to give 5 percent subsidy for non-basmati rice exports for four months: government
- The government has announced that it will give a subsidy of 5% for Non-basmati Rice exports for the four months to March 25, 2019.
- The rice exports of India, which is the world’s largest rice exporter, fell 9.6% to 5.8 million tonnes in the first six months this fiscal.
- Bangladesh, a leading buyer, cut purchases due to a bumper harvest.
NBFC Mudra loans grew faster than banks in FY18: report by MUDRA
- On November 23, 2018, According to the 2017-18 annual report of Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY),NBFC sanctioned Mudra loans under PMMY, grew faster than banks in FY 2018.
- This is the first timethat the bad loan data has been released by Micro Units Development & Refinance Agency (Mudra).
Women’s Boxing World Championship (Nov 15-24)
- From 15thto 24th November 2018, International Boxing Association (AIBA) Organized Women’s World Boxing Championship 2018 at Indira Gandhi Sport Complex in New Delhi.
- India ended the Championship at 3rdposition with 4 medals including 1 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze. China topped the medal tally with 5 medals including 4 gold and Chinese Taipei ranked at second position with 2 medals (2 Gold).
Simona Halep! world number one tennis player awarded honorary degree
- World number one singles tennis player Simona Halep has been awarded an honorary doctorate in her homeland Romania.
- She won her 1st Grand Slam by beating Sloane Stephens in the final of the French Open earlier this year.
Former Railway Minister and 7 times MP, CK Jaffer Sharief, passed away in Bengaluru at 85
- On November 25, 2018, former Union railway minister CK Jaffer Sharief passed away in Bengaluru at the age of 85.
- He held the office of the Minister of Railways under PV Narasimha Rao, from 1991 to 1995.
- He also served as a minister of state for Railways from 1980 to 1984.
- Sharief, who has been out of public life was preparing an Urdu translation of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad’s book ‘India Wins Freedom’.
Kannada actor, former Union minister Ambareesh dies in Bengalore
- Kannada actor and former union minister MH Ambareesh (66) passed away
- The three-time MP popularly known as “Rebel star“, had acted in around 200 films in a career spanning over four decades.