Kartarpur Corridor: India lays foundation stone for Sikh pilgrimage route
- Vice PresidentM Venkiah Naidu laid the foundation stone of the Dera Baba Nanak Kartarpur Sahib corridor for Gurudwara Kartarpur Sahib in Pakistan.
- The groundbreaking ceremony was held at village Mann of district Gurdaspur near Indo Pak border. Punjab Governor VP Singh Badnorewas the guest of honour.
Nitish Kumar Unveils Lord Buddha’s 70-Feet Statue In Bihar’s Rajgir
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today unveiled a 70-foot-tall statue of Lord Buddha in Bihar’s Rajgir.
- The statue has been installed above a 16-metre radius pedestal in the middle of the lake Ghora Katora.
- It has been made from 45,000 cubic foot pink sand stone.
- Ghora Katora is natural lake surrounded by five hills.
- The area around lake and statue has been developed into beautiful park from eco-tourism point of view, so no petrol and diesel vehicles will be allowed to ply in this area and only electronic vehicles will be allowed.
UN selects Noida to participate in Global Sustainable Cities 202initiative
- The United Nations has selected Uttar Pradesh’s Noida and Greater Noidato participate in its Global Sustainable Cities 2025 initiative.
- According to UN, the twin-cities in Gautam Buddh Nagar district, adjoining the national capital, have been selected in the “University City”category ahead of Mumbai and Bengaluru as the only invitee from India.
Centre puts cap on weight of school bags, bans homework for Class 1 and 2 students
- The HRD Ministry instructed all states and Union Territories the maximum weight of school bags for Class 1 and 2 students can’t exceed 1.5 kg.
- For Classes 3 to 5, the limit is 2-3 kg and it’s 4 kg for Classes 6 and 7.
- For Classes 8 and 9, the limit is 4.5 kg, and 5 kg for Class 10.
Aadi Mahotsav Organized By Tribal Affairs Ministry in New Delhi
- The 4th edition of annual “Aadi Mahotsav”, a National Tribal Festival organized by Ministry of Tribal Affairs in association with TRIFED and Ministry of Culture to celebrate and cherish the spirit of tribal culture, craft, cuisine and commerce is underway at Dilli Haat, Shri Aurobindo Marg, INA till 30th November 2018, while the one in Central Park, New Delhi ended on 19th November.
Admiral Sunil Lanba, Chief of the Naval Staff on a Visit to Russia
- Admiral Sunil Lanba,Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS) Indian Navy is on a visit to Russia. The visit aims to consolidate bilateral defence relations with Russia, as also to explore new avenues for defence cooperation.
- The CNS will be commencing his official visit from Petersburg,where he is scheduled to hold bilateral discussions with his counterpart, Admiral Vladimir Korolev, Commander-in-Chief, Russian Federation Navy.
Maldivian Foreign Minister Reaches India on 4-day Visit
- Maldivian Foreign Minister Abdulla Shahidhas arrived in New Delhi on a 4-day visit to India. This is the first high-level visit from Male after the new government took office.
- Shahid and External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will hold extensive talks on issues of mutual interest.
- President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind, along with the first Lady Savita Kovindand other dignitaries, concluded his 7-day maiden official visit to ASEAN country of Vietnam and Australia.
- President Ram Nath Kovind addressed the Vietnam-India Business Forum in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- They discussed review of implementation of the Line of Credit of US Dollars 100 million for building high-speed patrol vessels for Vietnamese Border Guards was done.
- After the meeting between the Presidents of the India and Vietnam, 4agreements were signed in the fields of communications, education and trade and investment.
- The 2 sides reaffirmed mutual support for their respective candidatures as non-permanent members of the United Nations Security Council–Viet Nam for the term of 2020 – 2021 and India for the term of 2021 – 2022.
First-ever India Russia Strategic Economic Dialogue held at St. Petersburg
- The 1st-ever India Russia Strategic Economic Dialogue was held at St. Petersburg in Russia.
- Aim of this Dialogue : To bring together key business figures from both countries .
- India was represented by by Rajiv Kumar (NITI Aayog Vice Chairman).
- Russia was represented by Maxim Oreshkin (Economic Development Minister).
- The 2-day forum provided participants platform to discuss development of bilateral ties in trade, investment, technology and industry.
- Transport, agriculture and agro-processing, Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), digital transformation and frontier technologies and industrial cooperation were some of the key areas of focus of the forum.
Government to infuse Rs 42,000 crore in PSU banks by March
- The Indian governmentwill infuse INR 42,000 crorein the state-owned banks by March-end and the next tranche would be released as early as December 2018, according to a senior finance ministry official.
- The government earlier pumped INR 11,336 crore in five PSBs PNB, Allahabad Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, Andhra Bank, and Corporation Bank to improve their financial health.
SYED MODI INTERNATIONAL BADMINTON CHAMPIONSHIPS 2018
- From 20thto 25th November 2018, Badminton World Federation (BWF) Organized Syed Modi International Badminton Championship at the Babu Banaras Das Indoor Stadium in Lucknow, India with the total prize of $150,000.
- Syed Modi International is HSBC BWF World Tour Super 300 tournament named in the memory of the 1982 Commonwealth Games men’s singles Champion Syed Modi.
- Sameer Verma has won the Syed Modi International Badminton Championships,men’s singles final against China’s Guangzu Lu, to retain the title. With this win, Verma sealed his spot in the BWF World Tour Finals. However, former champion Saina Nehwallost to Han Yue of China in women’s singles summit clash and won silver.
- Men’s doubles pair of Satwik Rankireddy and Chirag Shettyand women’s doubles players Ashwini Ponnappa and Sikki Reddy also won silver in their respective finals.
Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton wins 2018 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- On November 25th 2018, five-time world champion, Lewis Hamilton signed off the season in style and kept the Mercedes dominance by winning at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix — the 21st and final race of the 2018 F1 calendar at the Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi.
Sri Sathya Sai Award For Human Excellence-2018 will be presented on Nov 23
- The Vice President of India Shri M Venkaiah Naidu, presented the 3rdSri Sathya Sai Award for Human Excellence that recognizes individuals, who are doing tremendous work to uplift the society in various parts of the world, at a gathering at World Youth Meet in Bangalore.
- The awards are presented under under seven categories – health, education, women and child welfare, environment, music and fine arts, unity of religion and sports. The award is instituted by Prashanthi Balamandira Trust and the jury consisted of 14 eminent personalities from across various fields.