‘HAUSLA-2018’ inaugurated in New Delhi
- The National Festival for Children of Child Care Institutions (CCIs)- “Hausla 2018” organized by the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- “Child Safety” is a theme for 2018. It provides a platform for the children from CCIs to showcase their talent.
Union Commerce Minister revealed logo and brochure of 3-day Logix India 2019 which will be held in New Delhi in 2019
- 28 November 2018 Current Affairs: Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu, launched the logo and brochure of Logix India 2019 in New Delhi.
- A 3-day Logix India 2019 is scheduled to take place in New Delhi from 31st January to 2nd February 2019.
- It will be organized by the Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO)to improve logistics cost effectiveness and operational efficiencies for India’s global trade.
Odisha government launched a lexicon for 21 rare tribal languages
- 28 November 2018 Current Affairs: Odisha government released lexicons of 21 tribal languages for multilingual education (MLE) purposes for elementary schools in tribal-dominated districts.
- The main aim is to bring back the tribal languages in circulation and prevent them from vanishing.
- This initiative has been prepared by the Special Development council which will further enhance proficiency in tribal languages.
- Thus, this step towards tribal proficiency will help in the better connection between the government functionaries and the tribal communities.
3-day 7th International Tourism Mart held for the first time in Tripura
- 20 November 2018 Current Affairs: Tripura will host the 7thInternational Tourism Mart from 22nd November 2018 at Agartala. The three day event, which aims at propagate tourism potentials of the northeast states, will have tour operator delegates from 18 countries.
- The International Tourism Mart is an annual event that is held in the northeastern states. Tripura will be hosting it for the first time this year. The estimated budget of the fair this year is Rs 2.6 crore.
- This event has been organized in Assam, Meghalaya and Manipur in the past. The previous edition of this event was organized in Guwahati in December 2017.
Romanian Foreign Minister arrives in India
- Romanian Foreign Minister Teodor Melescanu is on an official visit to India.
- During this visit, he held delegation level talks with Indian External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj in New Delhi.
- They discussed diversifying the historical relations and boosting cooperation in the fields of agriculture, ICT, health and pharma, education, tourism, and culture.
About Romania :
- Presient : Klaus Iohannis
- Prime Minister : Viorica Dancila
- Capital : Bucharest
- Official Language : Romanian
- Curency : Romanian Leu
Pakistan is going to invite Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Summit, as per local media reports quoting Pakistan’s Foreign Affairs Ministry.
- India had boycotted the summit which was to be held in Pakistan in 2016 following the terror attack in Uri.
- The Summit was eventually cancelled after Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Bhutan also pulled out.
India’s GDP growth in Q2 likely to slow to 7.5-7.6%: SBI
- Ahead of the official release of the second-quarter GDP figures, State Bank of India (SBI) estimated India’s economy to expand by 7.5-7.6 percent, slower than the prior quarter, mainly on account of a slowdown in rural demand.
RBI eases hedging norms for overseas borrowings to 70% from current 100%
- The Reserve Bankhas relaxed norms for External Commercial Borrowings (ECBs) by reducing the mandatory hedging provision to 70% from the current 100%. The relaxed norms will apply to the ECBs with a maturity period between 3 and 5 years.
- On a further review of the extant provisions, it has been decided, in consultation with the government of India, to reduce the mandatory hedge coverage from 100% to 70% for ECBs raised under Track-I of the ECB framework.
Netherlands unbeaten at FIH Women’s Hockey Champions Trophy after victory over Australia
- The Netherlands women’s hockey team won its 7th Women’s Hockey Champions Trophy at the Wujin Hockey Stadium in Changzhou, China by defeating Australia.
Manu wins double gold in junior; Ravi, Rahi crowned national champions
- Haryana’s Manu Bhaker has won a double Gold in junior sport pistol while Ravi Kumar and Rahi Sarnobat were crowned national champions in the men and women’s events respectively in Thiruvananthapuram.
Dipa Karmakar grabs bronze in vault event at Artistic Gymnastics World Cup
- On 24th November 2018, India’s 25 year old Dipa Karmakar won Bronze medal in the Vault event of Artistic Gymnastics World Cup organized by Federation Internationale de Gymnastique (FIG) held in Cottbus, Germany after returning from an injury she suffered in the 2018 Asian Games. With this performance, she comes a step closer towards qualifying for 2020 Olympics.
Oscar-winning director Bernardo Bertolucci dies at 77
- On 26thNovember 2018, 77 year old multi award winner Italian Director Bernardo Bertolucci died after Cancer. He had won Oscar for the best director for the Movie “The Last Emperor”.
- The Italian director had directed various award winning movies like The Conformist and Last Tango in Paris.
Veteran Bollywood playback singer Mohammad Aziz (64) passed away
- The singer has lent his voice to over 2000 songs in Hindi, Bengali and Odia films.
- Aziz, who was known for his love for Mohammad Rafi, started his musical career in Kolkata and then moved to Mumbai.